Some frequently asked questions and answers.  If you have a question that isn’t posted here, call us and we’ll answer your question!

How do I get a burn permit?
Call the Command Officer on duty at 251-233-5181 or Baldwin Central at 251-947-4911.  Give the dispatcher your name, number, and location of the burn, and a Fire Department Officer will call you back shortly.

Keep in mind that there is a burn ban within Fairhope City limits and permits will only be issued for unincorporated areas of Fairhope.

****There is a burn ban in effect from May 1st until November  1st every year.

How do I join the Fairhope Volunteer Fire Department?
Give us a call at 990-0143 or stop by Fire Station 1 behind Thomas Hospital for an application.  We’re always looking for folks that live or work in this community that want to give something back.  You don’t have to have any experience, we’ll provide training.  Joining a volunteer Fire Department is a great way to get involved in the community.